I Have to Support President Obama, Because He’s a Black Man

At least, according to Miss Jina:

@Blog author and Bellydancer

WOW..You are on here saying what has Obama done nothing for you? Wow..What the f*** did the other forty or so white presidents do for you? This is why black people can’t get ahead. Some people in the group always want to tear each other down.

What about these things: his work w/ the black farmers, his choice for attorney general, his choice for U.N Ambassador, health care reform and how he’s planning to address education among many other things. Instead of trying to project your issues w/ black men unto this man you should really reflect. Yes some black men or people aren’t worth defending, but this black man, our president, is. It is a shame that you don’t see why.

Some of you women are so happy that 2% of whites want you, but know that the other 98% won’t even look at you and that doesn’t just go for relationships, but that also affects you in your studies, jobs and overall life–racism is real and race does matter. Don’t think that HRC or Mccain would have hired a plethora of black women or men because I can tell you right now that they wouldn’t have. I know most of you want what Michelle has and can’t get it–that doesn’t mean that you have to break what she has.

Yes it is important that Obama do a good job because he carries with him an unreasonable weight as the first black president. But it is also important that we as a community support him, because honestly when things get tough if we don’t who will. This man has passed so many reforms in these past two years and what have people called him–“timid”, “calm, cool and collected but ineffective” or “a talker”.

I know you guys are into this white men movement right now, but don’t let it cloud your awareness of who you are and how America views you and people like you.

This is my response:

Project my issues? People like me? Really? {{blinking}}

Jina, kiss my rotund, sepia-toned ass. 😀 You “ride or die” for da “brothas” she-males get on my bloody nerves; none of you have a lick of common sense.

You are nobody to tell me how black I am, or how I need to be aware of this blackness. Take your “acting black” mentality back to the hood where it’s required.

A President is the leader of the country. He is a representative, a public servant, not an imperial diety I am required to support, because he’s half-African. This dude can barely speak up for his “cousins” in Egypt, or the rest of North Africa, furthermore, who are clamoring for all the FREEDOMS we take for granted here.

I can criticize him for as long as the day is long. That’s my right.

This President is great at giving speeches, and I’m hoping that the economy is recovering, but I don’t give him credit for it. He seems unable to figure out what he wants to do one day from the next, but it’s probably (quote from nymag.com) because ….

The president’s friend and adviser Valerie Jarrett sometimes pointed out that not only had he never managed an operation, he’d never really had a nine-to-five job in his life.

And it shows. His head is extremely big, and he’s not even aware of how clueless he is. That’s pathetic. And it’s extra, because he’s been complimented all of his life. Why? Because as a black man who speaks well – he’s been applauded and patted on the head for it. No need to prove competence. He’s just this wonderbar, because he’s an “articulate” black male. No earned props, because he just is.

That’s not good enough.

I respect his wife, because of what she representsthe first black lady, but I sure as heck don’t want her man. He’s not my type, ’cause we all worship white, and non-black, men around here, remember?

And this is MY blog, it’s one thing to disagree, but when you come at me with this insulting commentary, about how I’s gotta deify and support one black man, and if I don’t, I got issues with all black men, then I’m gonna tell you this: Go fuck yourself, Jina.

Have a good day. 😀

Share